ImagineMembrane will be highly interactive will ample time for discussing science.
Invited speakers will present their view and perspective on currently hot topics in membrane science and technology, followed by Sessions chairs leading the open discussion. There are no parallel sessions and it is not original data that are in the foreground but the discussion of concepts. In this context, ImagineMembrane hopes to complement the regular conferences of the membrane community.
Particularly young researchers are strongly encouraged to participate and bring in their views.
This years’s edition of Imagine Membrane will, amongst others, comprise the topics
Routes to make membrane fabrication more sustainable – how “green” can it get? Membrane recycling and reuse Additive manufacturing for membrane fabrication 2D Membrane materials Biomimicking and bioinspired membranes Efficient routes to carbon capture and conversión Challenges in desalination and blue energy
Confirmed speakers are so far:
- Uwe Beuscher, W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc., USA
- Alberto Figoli, ITM-CNR, Italy
- Suzana Nunes, KAUST, Saudi-Arabia
- Kang Li, Imperial College London, UK
- Joe da Costa, University of Queensland, Australia
- Glenn Lipscomb, University of Toledo, USA
- Dibakar Bhattacharyya, University of Kentucky, USA
- Sylvia Daunert, University of Miami, USA
- Reyes Mallada, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Corinne Cabassud, INSA, France
- Andrea Cipollina, University of Palermo, Italy
- Mihai Barboiu, IEM-University of Montpellier, France
- John Pellegrino, University of Colorado, USA
- Lidietta Giorno, ITM-CNR, Italy
- Guy Ramon, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
At Imagine Membrane, topics are discussed with ample time and in a highly interactive manner such as to be able
to go well beyond the standard conference format and define both a scientific and industrial perspective on the
future challenges and opportunties in membrane science and technology.
|Sunday, 22nd||Monday 23rd||Tuesday, 24th||Wednesday, 25th||Thursday, 26th||Friday, 27th|
|8:30 - 10:30||Materials||Processes||Whale Watching||Water||Gas / CO2|
|10:30 - 11:00||Coffee break||Coffee break||Coffee break||Coffee break|
|11:00 - 13:00||Materials||Bioinspired||Water / Energy||New Materials|
|13:00 - 14:30||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
Island of Faial
Island of Pico
|19:00 - 20:00||